Friday, March 14, 2008

Shadow Shawl #3


Oy Vey

Here's the latest shadow shawl I've started. (I did actually finish one last year, but this and another one are still in the cooker). I found a juicy skein of Schaefer Yarns' Anne at the store, and snatched it up quicker than you can say "Jeepers creepers, more YARN?". Though I didn't NEED to make another Shadow Shawl, it was crying out to be combined with Euroflax linen.

I had to go to a size 2 (US) needle, as the Euroflax is heavier than the Anne, and was pulling and distorting it, making the stitches uneven and loopy. The fabric is nice and firm (but still fluid) on a 2. However, the shawl may turn out small because of the smaller needles, so if I find I'm going to run out of yarn, I may do the center 'V' in the brilliant blue Rio de la Plata sock yarn (pictured along with the shawl, the Euroflax, and the Anne.)

And ... I'm on Ravelry now as 'carolfiona'. I don't have much listed yet -- it will take time to catalogue the many, many projects I have going -- but I'm enjoying reading about other peoples' stuff and especially seeing their "ughs". Boy, do I have lots of "ughs" I can put out there! But it might damage my image as Knit Coach!


1 comment:

Madame Plush Bottom said...

You are a shawl making fool!!! Wow. Perhaps I say fool because I might be a tad envious.

::: Looking around... nope, no shawl here... not a one :::