Sunday, December 30, 2012

Here we go again

It's been a busy year, and I just logged in and saw I haven't posted since January 5 of 2012.

I didn't do a terrific amount of knitting in 2012. I did, however go to a weekend writers' workshop that was very fruitful, and from there, joined a writers' group that has kept me writing, although not blogging. I've been writing a lot of poetry -- new for me -- and some short stories.

My beloved LYS, which was also my employer, closed for good in December. I found a seasonal job in retail for November and December, which has now ended. And I'm on to another employment adventure in January; more to come on that.

I did knit four pairs of felted clogs for Christmas gifts, ranging from size XS children's (for a two-year-old) to men's large (size 11).  The kids' XL I knit was too small for the kid in question, so I'll be re-knitting those, but the rest fit and were enthusiastically received.

If you've read my earlier posts, you know that I don't do New Year's resolutions, because I immediately get stubborn and resentful and rebel against them. But I've decided to participate in Emily's Year of the Stash. See her blog at http://www.paleopurls.blospot.com, or visit her on Ravelry at Paleopurls.

Since I no longer work at my LYS, I don't expect I'll be buying a lot of yarn this year, especially since I bought enough over the past six years of employment to knit a large herd of sheep. (Now there's an interesting idea; shear sheep, process fleece, spin yarn, knit yarn into ... sheep). So it should be relatively easy to knit from stash.

There are a lot of fingering-weight shawlette patterns in my queue, and I have several 18-qt. Rubbermaid totes full of sock yarn, so I could probably have a Year of the Shawlette if I wanted to. Then I could achieve two goals in one: Year of the Stash, and Year of the Shawlette. I won't go so far as to say I'll knit a shawlette a month, Emily style, but I will at least allow that it's possible.

Happy New Year to all, and happy knitting.



1 comment:

Emily said...

Year of the shawlette sounds like an excellent idea! If I hadn't already decided what to knit for Year of the Stash, I'd participate! I too have an over-abundance of sock yarn and shawlettes queued.